Trucks, tailors, and 18 wheelers are much heavier than typical smaller vehicles. These heavy trucks are capable of inflicting massive damages and injuries when involved in road accidents. Truck accidents are often quite expensive and severe. However, regardless of the level of loss, the injured should contact a reliable truck accident lawyer.
Truck accident lawsuits consider factors that are often not usually considered in other claims. While handling vehicle accidents, competent attorneys establish the hours that the driver involved in the crash was actively driving throughout the week that the accident occurred. Furthermore, not only must he put into consideration the mass of the truck but also the distribution of the weight carried by the vehicle.
The state has stipulated various rules and regulations to control the behavior of trucking corporations, truckers, and insurers. In Elyria, a driver is permitted to drive for up to 15 hours depending on the circumstances. Able accident attorneys review the relevant facts applicable to the claims and connect them to the laws of the state.
Trucks must be examined thoroughly before embarking on trips. These inspections should aim to ensure:
1. The top and bottom reflectors must work well
2. Mirrors, windows, and lights should be in roadworthy conditions
3. The car’s engine compartment should be micro-examined to eliminate chance of unanticipated problems while on the road
4. The car’s axles and gears must be in good working conditions
Neglectful truck drivers who overlook the need to perform thorough check-ups before trips risk breaking both state and federal laws. Besides breaking rules, the driver might be held liable for any injuries in case he is involved in an accident. An accident attorney understands the right process of inspecting a truck as required by law. Moreover, he can relate the procedure applied during the inspection and relate it to the injury claims of the injured.
Once a party is injured in a truck accident, he should:
1. Go through a thorough medical examination. Some internal injuries may not be physically visible. Such injuries may be severe if not treated in time
2. Contact a competent truck accident lawyer. Knowledgeable truck accident advocates are well aware of vehicle laws in Ohio as well as how these regulations impact claims.